A man from Idaho can consider himself lucky to be alive after an electronic cigarette exploded in his mouth. The man arrived at the hospital with second-degree burns on his hands and neck, and the doctors had to perform emergency surgery in order to remove the plastic fragments from the man’s throat and lips.
Andrew Hall is a regular guy from Pocatello, Idaho, and, up until now, the proud owner of a fully-functional electronic cigar. For a year now, Hall has been vaping, using an electronic cigarette he bought online. Little did he know that the electronic device, which is supposedly healthier than regular tobacco could kill.
According to the man’s statement, at the time the incident happened, he was in the bathroom, getting ready for work. Hall said that wherever he went, he took the electronic cigarette with him. When the man lit the e-cigarette, the device suddenly blew up.
The unfortunate owner of the faulty electronic cigarette said that the explosion was so powerful that it actually broke his bathroom’s sink and left scorch marks on the floor and the ceiling. Before this incident, Hall said that he did experience any problems and that he had the electronic cigarette for more than a year.
After the device exploded, the man immediately called an ambulance, which took him to the nearest hospital for medical care. The ER doctors who consulted Hall were simply shocked by the state the man was brought in.
According to one of the doctors who treated him, the man had second-degree burns on his face and his neck. Moreover, it would seem that due to the fact that the man was holding the cigarette in his mouth when it exploded, it knocked out 7 of his teeth.
The doctors also had to perform emergency surgery on the man, as he had many plastic fragments lodged in his throat and lips. The patient is now in a stable condition, and the doctors have predicted a swift recovery.
At this point, Hall is not sure about how to proceeded. However, before he arrived at the hospital, he documented the whole experience via Facebook posts. After the incident, Hall declared for a local news outlet that he is going to do everything he can in order to convince other people about the dangers they face each time they decide to vape from an electronic cigarette.
Image source: PublicDomainPicture