An American woman is trying to raise awareness about the dangers of exceeding the limits of energy drink consumption. While she was pregnant, her husband suffered severe brain hemorrhage, which left him with a gaping hole in her head. The doctors couldn’t find any other possible explanation than his excessive use of energy drinks.
Excessive energy drink consumption led to brain hemorrhage
The woman revealed everything she went through via a Facebook post, which was later deleted. One day, the pregnant woman was woken up by her mother-in-law, saying that her husband was in the hospital. While believing he was the victim of an accident, when she got there, she found out the man was suffering a brain hemorrhage.
Doctors tried to take all possibilities into account. Since the man was no drug addict, and hadn’t used any such substances recently, they discovered the cause of the hemorrhage was excessive energy drink consumption. The man had to undergo two surgeries, and regain his consciousness only when his wife gave birth to their son. However, they could see each other only a week later, when the man had already remained with an open hole in his head.
Therefore, he has to undergo more surgeries and speech therapy, since his brain has been seriously affected. He can no longer take care of himself properly, so his wife has to tend both him and their newborn baby. Therefore, she decided to warn everybody on the dangers of energy drink consumption.
Energy drink companies claim their products are safe
These drinks contain high amounts of sugar, caffeine, and stimulants, and pose many dangers to the nervous system. Although they are well-known for offering energy boosts, they can lead to the development of heart disease, anxiety, insomnia, or severe dehydration. Some energy drinks contain up to 242 mg of caffeine, which is more than the recommended quantity for teenagers.
In response to the woman’s claim, energy drink companies started issuing some declarations, claiming their products are completely safe. Therefore, the woman decided to delete her post and to stop doing interviews. The diagnose of her husband remained unknown, but the doctors took into account his excessive energy drink consumption.
Image Source: Flickr