In other news, fourteen students from the Naperville High School have been taken to the local hospital after eating marijuana-laced gummy bears.
On Tuesday morning, several students studying at the High School in Naperville, a suburb of Chicago, went to the nurse’s office complaining that they feel sick. The high school’s nurses declared that at least fourteen students came to her office after eating some gummy bears.
Moreover, the high school’s nurse said that the student accused various symptoms, ranging from dizziness to accelerated heart rate, nausea, and dry mouth
The intoxicated students were immediately taken to the Edwards Hospital, to be examined by the ER doctors.
After a brief examination, the ER doctors from the Edwards Hospital concluded that all students show sign of marijuana intoxication, and have reasons to believe that the gummy bears the students ate that morning must have been laced with the narcotic.
Keith Hartenberger, Edwards Hospital’s spokesperson, declared that the city’s police department is the only one qualified to determine if the substance found inside the gummy bears was marijuana or not.
Pending the results of the chemical analysis, the law enforcement officers in charge of the case sought out the source of the marijuana-laced gummy bears. Their inquiries led them to a 17-years old student, who admitted to distributing the gummy bears which sickened his colleagues.
The officers questioned the teen and allowed him to return home. A form of punishment has yet to be established by school and police for the teen who was distributing the narcotic-laced candy.
So, how can we tell if a treat contains traces of marijuana? According to the authorities, there’s been a rise in narcotic consumption over the past year, and this case is not the only one.
Earlier this year, a parent discovered a chocolate bar in his son’s trick or treat bag which had the picture of a marijuana leaf. Tests later revealed that the bar indeed contained traces of cannabis oil.
To make sure that the sweets your child is eating were not laced with anything, check the package and its ingredients. Packages containing narcotics-laced candy were usually opened and resealed in haste. So, if you discover that the bag was opened and resealed you should take it to the local police station for analysis.
As for the intoxicated students, the hospital’s spokesperson said that they have recovered.
Image source: Pixabay