Do you have a friend who works as an Uber driver? Then he probably told you that working for the company is not all flowers and roses, which probably translates as ‘I wanted a quiet and uneventful evening, but instead this happened to me’.
Rest assured that your friend is not the only one. Hundreds of Uber drivers from all over the United States and the rest of the world for that matter have countless ‘horror’ story to share about unusual rides.
Thinks like a client vomiting on the backseat because he/she had a little too much to drink are nothing compared to others. Some Uber drivers said that they had to dodge bullets after clients ordered them to go to a part of the city where drug trafficking was as common as selling Klondike bars at the corner.
Others told stories about couple bickering in the backseat, people shooting drugs, and couples which urged the driver to take them on an all-out sex ride.
For this reason (and probably many others), Uber has decided to ‘create’ a sort of passenger handbook – stuff that an Uber rider can do and stuff that’s prohibited. So, in other words – if you follow the rules, you can ride with Uber any time you want. If not, then it’s goodbye Uber.
Here are Uber’s newest guidelines:
- Damage – you will be banned from using the service if you damage the driver’s car or personal property. The same thing applies to other passenger’ belongings.
- Physical Contact – the new guidelines states that, for the duration of the ride, the passengers will refrain from touching, kissing, or performing any kind of gesture which are sexual in nature towards the driver or the other passengers.
- Language and gestures – verbally abusing the driver or the other passengers will not be tolerated according to the new guidelines.
- No contact after the ride is over – when the ride is over, just pay your cab fare and leave. Please don’t text or call the driver on his personal phone. If you want another ride, just use the application.
- Breaking the law – passengers are not allowed to ask the driver to break the law for the duration of the ride. For example, you cannot ask the driver to break the speed limit in order to reach your destination on time.
With these being said, have a fun and relaxing Uber trip.
Image source: Flickr