Earlier today the newest Xbox One firmware update just came out. This is the 27th update to the system up until now. It is a rather small update since just a couple of days ago a bigger update was launched.
For now this update is available only to the users that have signed up for the New Xbox One Experience beta for the firmware. The final release for this firmware experience will take place on November 12th. For the moment it will remain in beta where it is available for preview members only.
The Xbox One dashboard and firmware have been plagued with a lot of problems upon launch of the system. Over time Microsoft has managed to fix most of the issues that users were having with the console but there are still plenty of fixes that are needed. Below you can find a list of the fixes that will be available with this new firmware version.
- My Games and Applications: Users will no longer be faced with the problem of blank tiles that appear inside of their collection.
- Fixes for applications crashing: A lot of applications will no longer crash when they are being booted up or during usage.
- The problem when trying to format hard drives: If you want to format any of your external hard drives you should no longer encounter any problems or black screens while doing so.
- Adding a profile: If you had issues while adding your profile to the Xbox One worry no longer. If these problems persist though, go to Settings> Account > Remove and just delete your account. Then go to the Sign In tab and add your profile again to the console. Your problem should be gone once you do this.
- Taking a photo: Try out the new feature for the Avatar you have linked with your Xbox One account and take a photo of yourself, then give out your feedback.
- Rate the Calendar: First you will have to go to the Beta games and apps where you will be able to gain access to the Community Calendar app. Rate it and answer all the questions of the survey to let Microsoft know what you think about this new application.
Microsoft have also added that they are planning to bring Backwards Compatibility with some Xbox 360 games to the system on the same day.
Image source: www.wikimedia.org